- How Well Do The Golden Globes Predict The Oscars?
- How To Back An Unbackable Favourite: Winx Extra Markets
- Chipping Norton Stake Preview
- Blue Diamond Stakes Preview
- Oakleigh Plate Preview
- Futurity Stakes Preview
- Punters Reckon There’s Only One Choice For The Oakleigh plate
- Trial-Blazers: Girls Shine At The farm
$10,000 On Barack Obama [Video]
- Updated: July 10, 2012
A punter thinks Barack Obama will be re-elected when the US go to the polls in November after wagering $10,000 on the incumbent.
The punter placed a bet of $5,000 on Obama at the odds of $1.57 before wagering another $5,000 shortly after Obama had drifted out to $1.80.
Obama, who has now attracted three times the money compared to his biggest rival Mitt Romney ($2.60), has firmed into $1.45 to win the election.
“On top of the two $5,000 bets, we’ve seen wagers of $3,000, $2,000 and several of $1,000 on Obama to win,” sportsbet.com.au’s Ben Hawes said.
“It seems the consensus amongst the punters is that he will hold off Mitt Romney and be back for his second and final term.”
Let’s hope Obama comes up with a few more of these hit songs to get the people voting:
Share this with your mates